Saturday, January 3, 2009

Fashion Nazi


Don't you wish more stores would stay open past 9 pm? Even the grocery stores usually don't stay open past 10pm. Since my "free" time is usually from 9-10:30 pm or so, I wish the world would remain open a bit later.

I just came back from Whole Foods, where they celebrate being lean, clean, and definitely green. Next to the $3.99/lb fuji apples section, I discovered this woman, obviously pregnant, picking at some fruits. Nothing wrong with being pregnant of course -been there done that. But I was apalled to see that this poor woman was wearing her elastic skirt over her bump, and had her white t-shirt tucked in. Empire style I guess. As if that was not bad enough, she was wearing a pair of neon green crocs, that seemed way too big for her.

Shortly after, I walked over to the frozen food isle, and what did I see? That's right- I saw the reflection of someone that was supposed to be me. My pig tails were uneven, bangs too long, and I was flabbergasted to see that I was standing there in public wearing my nursing camisole!! That wouldn't be so bad if my belly wasn't sticking out- making me look like I'm still pregnant, and if I didn't have any milk stains around my boobs. To make the matter worse, I only had one nursing pad on (the thick kind that looks like a shoulder pad) so one boob looked HUGE next to the other one. Crazy!

Suddenly, the pregnant woman with elastic skirt and the neon green crocs didn't look so bad. At least she wasn't wearing what's meant to be an underwear in public. Did I mention that this WholeFoods is only 2 blocks away from my old corporate HQ? I got the heck outta there as soon as I can!

I'm in no position to be a pregnant woman's fashion nazi, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment